From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Jun 2010 14:22:06 -0600
as for a better antenna for the TH F6A, nearly anything other than the stock
duck that comes with it.
as for specs, well, it is supposed to offer a 50ohm load on 144-148,
222-225, and 430-450MHZ.
I doubt there is any gain factor what soever, but the specs likely claim
unity gain.
The Maldol antennas are supposed to work gang busters with the th F6A and
any HT really.  I use an MFJ dual band super flex long antenna on mine, and
it works fine on 220 as well, but I doubt it's tuned for that band very
well.
One thing with HT antennas, is the bigger and longer they are, the better
they perform....Unless it's a UHF only HT in which case a 6 inch antenna
will work the best...other than a properly designed 5/8's wave, but you run
into ground plain issues with those on HT's.
To get the most out of an HT antenna, it should be one of the longer, near
quarter wave on VHF style that most of the antenna makers carry.

73
Colin, V A6BKX