From:
Doug and Sheilla Emerson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Oct 2013 12:43:36 -0700
Well, I'd like to add my nickle's worth about this subject. Unfortunately,
our club's repeater has been pleagued with badconduct. We had a group of
guys who were transmitting profanity. When we heard them we would shut the
repeater off. The thing is, they would play "cat and mouse" with us. They'd
just wait until we turned the repeater back on and then start again. The
cycle would repeat over and over again. We found out who they were. We also
discovered one of their internet blogs where they said that it was their
constitutional right to transmit profanity on our repeater if they chose.
They further stated on their blog that if anyone tried to stop them, they'd
pay for it with their lives. They said that they would have no problem
blowing away a federal marcial or an fcc field enginer if necessary. We
learned that theese guys have been sited on several occasions but they have
some pretty good atorneys who get them out of the mess. Zach, if you can
find out who is the trustee of that repeater, you might want to let him
know. If the repeater's controller has a scheduler on it, the repeater can
be automaticly shut off at the time when theese bozos areknown to get on and
talk their "junk". Sorry if the post was too long. Continue to enjoy the
hobby, Zach! 73