From:
Russ Kiehne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Oct 2012 06:42:31 -0700
And here's another one!
The Grundig G3 Globe Traveler
is an innovative portable radio covering long wave, AM, FM (stereo to
earphone jack),
continuous shortwave
plus
the VHF aircraft band. It features dual conversion AM/SW circuitry for
exceptional
sensitivity and image rejection. It offers S.S.B. - Single sideband
reception. It
has an large 700 channel memory system with memory scan and auto tuning
storage.
Memories may be labelled up to 8 characters. Unlike other portables in it
class,
the
Globe Traveler
offers Synchronous Detection. This special feature addresses the issue of
selective
fading and adjacent channel interference on shortwave. RDS (radio data
system) shows
FM callsigns, artist, song title and messages when available. Other
enhancements
include:  Wide/Narrow selectivity, Local/DX switch, direct frequency entry,
signal
indicator and 24 hour clock with four alarm timers. External antenna jack
for shortwave,
FM, VHF air band. The
right side
of the radio has a 3.5mm Input/Output jack. Requires four AA cells (not
supplied).
If four NiMH AAs are inserted, they may be recharged inside the radio. 6.62
x 4.13
x 1.1 inches. Supplied with manual, protective pouch and AC adapter/charger.