From:
Howard Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jan 2013 18:44:55 -0600
I am trying to find a device for my uncle, to help him function with his
hearing loss.
We found that a wireless headset enabled him to hear and understand what is
on TV.  Why he wants to know what they are saying, I have no idea!

He asked if their was a similar device with a clip on microphone that could
be used to help him hear what is going on in a lecture or in temple.  So
basically we are looking for a 900 MHz transmitter with both line and mike
inputs.  I have tried a number of searches, but keep coming up with the
wrong stuff.
We are not trying to break the bank on this one either.  He has hearing aids
and can use them or not depending on what works.
The wireless headset is easy, but they keep wanting to put the mike on the
headset, and we need it at the other end of the room.
Thanks in advance.  It would be good, if the transmitter didn't
automatically turn off, unless the headset was digital, because their are
prayers of silent devotion, and we don't want to fill his ears with white
noise.

H T Kaufman MSW LCSW
Adaptive Technology Instructor