From:
Ed Malmgren <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Dec 2015 20:35:18 -0700
Dave, perhaps I can make it more clear.  I work a lot of d x and prefer
listening to the d x station below his qrg so as to be on the  low side of
his signal because most pile ups work above his frequency and this puts less
qrm for me just in case the pile gets close to his signal.  On my 590 I have
a choice of c w or c w r so  I can listen to either sideband so perhaps that
is why you have a choice.  It's not a different mode just which side of him
you chose to listen.  Probably I have made it clear as mud hi hi. I could be
way out in left field though.  73

ED K7UC