From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Nov 2013 13:55:51 -0500
Phil:

Well, I guess you are right about the personal preference idea.

However, I also understand your thoughts about how hard it often is now to
do what we used to do when we were younger and less set in our ways.

For example, I consider myself to be pretty good with the paddles, but when
it comes to sending the code via a straight key, that's quite a different
story.

When I had my novice license back in the late 1960's and early 70's, I was
actually pretty good with the straight key, but now, I'd probably make a
laughing stock out of myself if I tried it.  Every year, I promise myself
that I'll do the ARRL Straight Key night event, but never get around to it.
Who knows:  Maybe I'll start 2014 out that way, and surprise myself with
some straight-key QSO's.

73 from Tom Behler: KB8TYJ