Date:
Thu, 7 Oct 2010 12:16:40 -0400
John,

I have a background in this area.   What you state is not totally accurate.
Unemployment rate is the number of people who are unemployed, who are
considered actively available and looking for work expressed as a percentage
of the entire labor force.

By this definition, those who are not drawing unemployment benefits are
included in the count IF they are looking for work.  This is why, in the
nascent period of a recovery, you often will see the unemployment rate rise
even though the economy adds jobs, since those formerly disenchanted workers
re-enter the labor market and begin to actively seek work.

Sorry for being off-topic guys, but in the interest of furthering our
knowledge.

Steve, K8SP
Lansing, MI