From:
Scott Shade <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Scott Shade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Aug 2004 16:54:12 -0500
I need some advice and some wisdom.  I'm considering a new scanner purchase
as my scanner is damaged and I want to get a new one.  I think there is some
800 megahertz action within our community.  I need a scanner with a good
receiver good in sensativity.  I'm used to the scanners that cover the 29.00
to 512.00 meg bands with their appropriate splits where the bands break.
I've never done anything with trunking systems and all this talk of trunking
and digital communication and analog trunking has me confused.  Also, how
can these scanners be programmed from your computer?  I'm gona really feel
old here but back in my day, we had to get off our butts, and find the
numbers and manually program the things ourselves.  Sometimes, god forbid,
we actually had to search for the stuff we were looking for, now they have
these bands subdevided and categorized?  I'm told you can jump through
services with one press of a button.  I don't understand this new technology
and these new radios can someone explain all this and recommend some good
choices for me?  I found some neat stuff on the scanner world web site I'd
forgotten about that company, and radioshack has a good scanner it seems,
though why I would want a 1000 channels is beyond me.  Please someone sort
out my confusion, HELP!