Date:
Fri, 12 Mar 2004 03:22:16 -0600

Bob wrote:
   >Dan there are two or three ways that you could get the repeater on
   >either systems.  The first way witch I don't really like but a lot
   >of people are doing this way is to interface a radio at your house
   >with the computer and have the radio on the repeater frequency.
   >The reason I don't like this is that the repeater id and carrier
   >tail and everything else goes on to echolink.
   >The other way is to put a remote base on your repeater.  Set it on
   >a simplex frequency and then have a radio at your house on the same
   >simplex frequency as the remote base.  Of cores have that radio
   >interfaced with the computer. The best way as you know would be
   >having the computer at the repeater site, but as you said that is
   >hard to do.

ONe problem with a lot of these schemes is that when the echolink node
is tyed up  by two lids chatting on another repeater and not using
yours.  THe repeater controller can't hear your tones to shut it off
because chances are good that you've set up your echolink radio to
pretty well capture the repeater's receive on the input.

I'm still thinking about doing something with the Kenwood BLue Light
speical once I can buy one.  NOw my thoughts are to put it in
crossband remote base mode and put it at my xyl's office which is in a
three story building.  THe elevator shaft goes up about another story
above the thid and would be perfect for mounting a decent antenna.

WIsh there was an irlp node here in NEw orleans as a couple of friends
are on irlp and not on echolink.  Closest one to here is Baton Rouge.

73 de nf5b

Richard Webb

Electric Spider Productions

--- Benjamin Franklin, NOvember 1755 from the
Historical review of Pennsylvania