From:
"Alan R. Downing" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Dec 2014 12:34:29 -0700
Anyone on the list that has ordered the Alpha tuner that has been promised
for over 3 years now?  I know that most of the unit has recently been
redesigned, and that it is supposed to be coming out in the next couple
months.  Whether it will or not is anyone's guess.  A good friend of mine
got tired of waiting and payed a company in Europe to build him a custom
tuner capable of handling 20KW.  It has just been delivered after a year or
more, and it appears to work fine.  I believe my friend payed something like
ten grand for it, but when you want a piece of equipment like that, it costs
big time.  I had planned to get the Alpha tuner but it has been delayed  so
long that I have given up on it.  The only band for which I need a tuner is
80/75, so it isn't all that critical.  When it is finally released, I might
change my mind, but  I doubt it.

73

Alan R. Downing

Phoenix, AZ