From:
Date:
Fri, 9 Aug 2013 10:20:28 -0500
As an extension to Buddy's response, I believe the Baofeng UV5R+, or those
with the most recent firmware, have an extended frequency range going up to
520 Mhz. I just purchased the newest UV5R, and it will go up to 520 Mhz. Of
course, that is well outside of any ham band; so, we cannot operate in that
range legally anyway. The latest firmware version is BFB297. You can see the
version of firmware you have by holding down the #3 key as you turn on the
radio. The firmware number pops up very quickly and then, off, and it does
not speak it. You have to have someone with good eyesight, and it might take
two or three tries before they pick up the number. Regardless of the
firmware version you have, you are stuck with it because the firmware cannot
be changed or updated as I understand it.

Ron, K8HSY