From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Jun 2009 22:50:44 -0600
Something not to forget concerning lightning strikes is the tripod on your
roof upon which the antenna may be mounted, the cable to your rotator which
is on the tower, if you have one, and other related control cables such as
from your remote coax switch.  If these are not likewise grounded, and I
have a friend who knows this from personal experience after grounding
everything, the lightning arched over from a direct antenna strike and came
down his rotator cable.  somebody some place should be making something to
which all the 4 or 8 conductor wires are switched to, or through, a
grounding switch or something but I am not aware of one.

Phil.