From:
Ron Canazzi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 2007 15:06:23 -0500
Hi Matt,

i have found that for FM reception a simple non-amplified rabbit ears can
work as well as anything short of a fancy roof mount array.  I have been
using a Radio Shack FM rabbit ears that cost me all of 14 dollars in 1977
and it's still doing a good job.  I have never had any success with the
amplified rabbit ears FM or TV.  They usually cost 3 or 4 times as much as
the non-amplified and I have never noticed any real difference--except that
in some cheaper models--I get a lot more multipath when I turn on the
amplifier.