From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Mar 2007 22:06:27 -0500
Richard,

Look for coax called "direct bury", which means it can be put  right in the
ground without conduit or pipe.  More expensive, but nobody said it's a
cheap hobby.  Although it's not buried, I use "Bury-Flex" by Davis RF.  Low
loss, rugged, and  direct buriable.

There are other remote tuners besides MFJ.  I think  some of the LDG tuners
are used in this fashion.   Of course you will need to provide a
weather-proof enclosure.  You will no doubt need one that can withstand 11
feet of snow on top of it.

73, Steve KW3A