From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 2011 08:37:04 -0500
cq100 isn't radio either, it's fraudulent claiming to be radio, or used to
be until a few people, myself included complained to the authorities. Looks
like you'll have to move the antenna away from the TV, use ferrite chokes on
the TV, or coaxes for the HF radio, or if you have cable, and it also froze
up the modem? you might have to have the cable company come out and
fix/repair their crappy wiring if you do all that. You shouldn't hurt
anything when it's shut off, I stress shouldn't but by no means will say
won't. It's all a case of moving things around, adding filters, stuff like
that. I live in an apartment with a lot of apartments around and I have a
low pass filter in line, I wound the coaxes into chokes at all the antennas
which has been known to help, I took al precautions and I don't bother
anything in my apartment. An HT near the living room TV will make it go
flakey, but my outside antenna for vhf with a lot more power is closer and
doesn't bother it in the least.