From:
Kelvin Marsh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Aug 2013 23:15:39 +0100
Hi Curtis,

I think that I'll do the MP3 tutorials and review when 4.2 is properly
released, in a couple of days and when I've had time to get used to it as my
live log <smile>!

It's interesting that Window-Eyes doesn't hook into the code as NVDA and
System Access does, and will need a bit of relabeling done.  There are some
List Views on the main screen where SA and NVDA do a great job, and
Window-Eyes is not so good out of the box, but can be made to do a slightly
better job than the other two with the use of Hot Spots.  Sometimes I needed
to be practical with the access, and I figured that if it worked identically
with 2 out of the 3 screen readers, it was the third one with the problem,
even if it was the one I use the most!

I've actually written to GW Micro, to ask why WE is not doing the job out of
the box.

The testing by Jim using JAWS will be very interesting.

I'll be giving out all the 4.2 download details in a day or so, and will
perhaps have a little time to help with how AC Log works.

Best wishes, Kelvin Marsh - M0AID

Working to improve accessibility for radio amateurs with disabilities

www.active-elements.org

For accessibility evaluations of amateur equipment and MP3 manuals