From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Aug 2014 10:31:59 -0400
Usually the finals in these radios are rated a bit higher than 100 watts. I
know the ones in the TS-850 were rated at 150 or so and I know the ones in
the TS-2000 are rated very high because the TS-2000 can run 100 watts FM
heavily. Not full duty I'd think but I know someone who was on NTS nets from
about 7 PM to 10:30 every night constant, then rag chew until close to
midnight for 6 or 7 years and he never backed off the power all on 2 meters
FM so you'd be shocked what some of these radios can handle. I wouldn't try
it but I know people who do.