Date:
Sat, 23 Aug 2003 16:35:07 -0700
I had the exact same rotor here in western Washington on the edge of Puget
Sound.  We got some serious winds and I was turning a Hy-Gain Explorer 14 4
element tribander on a 14ft boom up at about 60ft.  I didn't have any ice to
deal with but the rotor did fine around here.  If I remember right it can
turn up to 10 square feet of wind load but I am not sure I would want my
th6dx on it in your conditions.  I would think for your purposes it would be
fine although it is a "worm drive" so there is no mechanical brake as in the
Hy-gain ham 4 rotors.  I also found with the Yaesu the compass style dile
has a post that sticks out through the glass and a simple home made pointer
was easily attached and I could easily tell where I was pointed and the 450
degree turning radias was handy too.

Brian, k5in.

Oh yes, if I remember right it is backlighted but that didn't help me at all
being a total that was just a fyi for you partials.