From:
Dave Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 16 Dec 2015 08:50:31 +1300
Hi!

Wish this wasn't right. Sadly, it is right, and getting any access to an
unwilling employer is an equally unrealistic expectation most of the time.
Furgher, if you don't have that access, neither does a software manufacturer
such as FS.

Of course, if you know of other blind people working for the employer
concerned, then that is your only possible avenue to success. As long as
their own job isn't under threat, you'll get a hand that way. Of colurse,
rare is the job that isn't under threat now, and rarer still is the
accessible job that isn't under threat.

Things like VR agencies just aren't geared for this sort of thing, so it
isn't surprising if that door seems closed.

I'm not saying don't bother, because some incredible miracles do happen even
today. The only certainty is that you can never get an opportunity if you
haven't applied, and if you apply, try to put your best foot forward if
you're fortunate enough to beat your way to the interview stage. There's
still a good chance you'll be disappointed, but at least you'll know then
that you tried, and you can take any experience from that effort as you can.

Good luck.

73,
Dave