From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Feb 2013 22:02:36 -0500
According to the manual the HX needs 41 amps.  This can be either2
supplies capable of 20.5 amps each, or a single 41 amp supply.   If you
go the 2 supply route, they need to be adjusted  to something like a
half volt of each other.

Neither one comes with a built in supply.   The radios are really pretty
small and very popular for mobile use.    The controls are on a remote
unit  that connects to the  main unit via cable.
If it were me, I would just go with the 100 watt unit (TS-480 SAT).

For pc connection, just a 9 pin straight through serial cable (not a
null modem cable).   There is free software on the kenwood site  for pc
control.
73, Steve  KW3A