From:
"Howard, W A 9 Y B W" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Dec 2012 13:42:22 -0600
Hi Steve,

The best thing I have found is:

Deoxit D5.  It is a product manufactured by CAIG Laboratories for cleaning
and lubricating electrical contacts. It comes in spray form and is sold in
aerosol cans.
Deoxit can be used to clean visible oxidation (rust) and corrosion from
contacts, requires no wiping, and will air-dry while leaving a film of
protective
lubricant on the components. Because the product is flammable, do not apply
to energized equipment and let dry thoroughly before powering-up.  Read
directions on can and use sparingly.

Deoxit comes in several varieties depending upon what type material it is to
be used on.  There is some for gold contacts, conductive plastics, etc.  For
general use, Deoxit D5 is what you want.

Some Radio Shack stores carry it as well as Amazon.com and  MCM Electronics.

73

Howard #3