From:
Michael Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Mar 2010 10:36:18 -0230
Hi colin:

I have ordered my Yaesu FT-450AT and it should arrive sometime this week.
I know Yaesu has taken a beeting on this list but I think the new compact Icomms, don't permit blind accessibility to adjust the RF power out.
The 450, you can. You have to set your select dial to access that function, which will take some sighted assistance but once done, you can.
Plus with the advance of software, almost any rig is blind accessible, FREQ announcement, S-9 announcement and Mode. It's to bad the menus aren't announced like in the KWs.
Icomm is also coming out with a 746PRO replacement, the 9100 or something like that but I'm guessing that will be a 2K+ rig. I can see KW's new HF be like you said, competing with the 7600/FT-2000, making a 3K+.
I'll certainly post as I shake down the 450. It might be the best bang for the 1Ks.

73:

Michael DE VO1RYN