From:
Michael Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Dec 2014 12:59:30 -0330
Howard:

Is IC the same as plate current? My 102 doesn't have an IP or grid spot on the meter select.
It has an HV, IC and PO. For diagnosing problems, we use the IC meter. In my 102, the IC is at 350 full tune, and I have to key the rig to get the power out in tune mode. This is actually CW I believe.
I hear an Oscillator tone if I have the monitor on. If I don't use the TW-1, I can tune up the 102 by this monitor, the louder the side tone, the more power out. I don't use this method but I have tried it and you tune until just before distortion and when I did this, I had the same results as using the TW-1.

73:
Mike VO1AX