Date:
Mon, 26 Oct 2015 17:01:14 -0400
I just heard on WETA that Ed Walker passed last night just hours after
listening to his last show. More info I found on wamu.org.  I didn't get
to listen to the show live but I have it recorded.  I discovered the Big
Broadcast years ago when I lived in Falls Church and listened to him on
WAMU.  I never got to talk with him on the local repeaters but other
hams in the area said that occasionally he would get on a local repeater.

73 Ed and God bless you.

http://wamu.org/ed_walker
Ed Walker, longtime host of The Big Broadcast on WAMU 88.5, passed away
early this morning at the age of 83.
Ed listened to his radio finale last night, surrounded by his family. He
passed away just a few hours later.