From:
Zach Shifflett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Jul 2013 12:26:03 -0400
Hey all,
Just wanted to drop the list a quick line and let you guys know about
the free repeaterbook iphone app I found.
I know there's been a lot of discussion of iphone apps on here lately,
and I'm not sure if this one's been covered yet or not.
Basically, it uses the repeaterbook database combined with your gps
location to give you a customizable list of all the repeaters in your
area.
The default is to show 2m and 70cm repeaters within a radius of 50
miles, but it can be customized to show 10m all the way down to 23cm
repeaters.
The best part, well actually a couple best parts: it's free, it works
like a champ with voiceover, and it doesn't even require you to use
data.  All the information is stored within the app itself, so you can
use it on the road even if you've got no internet.  It also shows you
your grid square, for all the people like me who can never remember
their grid squares.
Hope this is useful to at least a few of you guys.  I know I've been
loving the app. It's great for road trips when you want to hit
repeaters as you pass by.
Don't know about the European and U.K. coverage, as I live in the
U.S., but it works great for me so far.
73,
Zach, kk4ruz