From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jun 2008 22:00:42 -0600
then the RF is likely getting in either through the TV/VCR/DVD player power
cord, or it is being picked up by poorly shielded patch cables such as the
RCA cables from DVD player or VCR to TV, or the coaxial cable from VCR to
TV, or possibly the coaxial/RCA cable from the satellite box to the tv or
other components.
Is the TV connected to a stereo or home theater system?  Sometimes outboard
components can pick up the rf and feed it into the tv.
High quality cables can usually help to solve RFI issues and chokes placed
at connection points around the cables will help as well.
Also, insure that all cables and ccords are either just long enough to
connect the devices, or are coiled into 4 inch circles and either taped or
tied using twist ties to keep their circular form.
73
Colin, V A6BKX