From:
"Bob, K8LR" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob, K8LR
Date:
Sun, 25 Aug 2013 11:53:26 -0400
Hi Dave,

I used the open software codec2 as I didn't think that the AOR box did any
better.  The AOR9000 costs $500.00 and the open codec2 is free.

One of our local hams put up a dStar hotspot, so I bought a 440 ht, the iCom
ID30A ht and, of coarse, its menus and settings are not accessible, but it
does speak incoming dStar stations call signs and that's about it.  Like I
said before, the voice quality is very poor and I'm probably going to be
selling that iCom puppy soon!

There is an open dStar movement that has started, but it is not very popular
yet, so iCom still has the dStar market tied up!
Bob, K8LR, [log in to unmask]