From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Aug 2002 17:13:19 -0400
Hi folks.

There are a couple of things that one can do to clean up a forwarded
message.  What I often do is to select everything in the body of the
message and copy it to the clipboard, then I open up MS Word, paste it in,
edit out the headers, and the annoying greater than characters that bug me
more than the headers.  Then I select the whole document, copy it to the
clipboard again, go back to my mail program, send a new message and paste
the cleaned up message into the body.  It works well.

For those of you who are neophytes at this, in both Eudora and Outlook
Express, you can do a Select All by pressing CTRL+A.  Then hit CTRL+C to
copy it to the clipboard.  Once you open up MS Word, press CTRL+V to
paste.  Then, use the arrow keys to find the bottom of your
header.  Sometimes CTRL+DOWN ARROW can help you find the bottom of the
header quickly.  It allows you to skip down a paragraph at a time.  Then
press SHIFT+CTRL+HOME to select all of the header garbage and hit the DEL key.

Press CTRL+H to get into the Find & Replace dialogue, and in the Find What
window, type a greater than sign or asterisk or whatever the character is
that marks forwarded text.  Then press ALT+A to click the Replace All button.

Press CTRL+A to select all again, press CTRL+C to copy to the clipboard,
get back into your mail program, start a new message, and when you get to
the body of the message, press CTRL+V to put your cleaned up message into
the body.

It takes five minutes to clean up a message, but folks sure appreciate it.

73, de Lou K2LKK

At 10:02 PM 8/24/02 -0700, you wrote:
>Sometimes, it's useful to see through whose hands a message came.
>
>Also, at least with JAWS, there are keystrokes which allow one to skip
>past most of the headers if one doesn't wish to read them.
>
>Mike Freeman <[log in to unmask]>
>Amateur Radio: < K 7 U I J >
>... Ask not for whom the <^G> tolls.

Louis (Kim) Kline, A.R.S.  K2LKK