From:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 May 2015 22:03:04 -0400
A blue box was a device that produced the correct frequency and sequences to
fool the phone network into passing long-distance calls for free, and doing
other mischief. We may have discussed this on this listserv before. NLS BARD
has a 2011 book, "Exploding the Phone", which goes into a lot of detail
about people who were phone phreaks, including some who were blind. It was
scary to note that I had met or read e-mail from about 6 of these folks.
73,

Lloyd Rasmussen, W3IUU, Kensington, MD
http://lras.home.sprynet.com