From:
Walter Hampton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Oct 2010 18:39:09 -0700
butch i just worked ao51 with my tmv71a, and eggbeater antennas . you should try it. here's how, first go to i can work this thing to get the mods do them, or have some one do them for you. then go and have built, or build egg beater antennas for uhf and vhf. after that, go to 145.920 vhf with a pl tone of 67.0 next for uhf go to 435.310 because of doppoler shift move your recieve vfo down in frequency as the satolite moves away from your qth. please try this. you'll have a lot of fun. pass this on to the new tmv71a new users. i'm sure they'll have a lot of fun.

from walter wb6jtj now i don't know if you have the same radio as mine. but, good luck on your first try.

p.s. please have the new users of this rig, ask me any questions they might have to ask. good luck butch