From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Apr 2006 12:17:57 -0600
yes, the TM V7A could do both cross band, and loc band.
Cross band repeat is the ability to have the radio receive on one band while
transmitting that received signal onto the other band. In the 2m and 440
cross band repeat, anything heard on either band will be automatically
transmitted onto the other band.

Loc band is when a signal from one band is transmitted on the other band,
but not vice versa.

The TM V7A is a great little cross band repeater...
Ultimately, a person could run a UHF, or VHF repeater using a TS2000 in
conjunction with a TM V7A or another cross band repeat radio.
73
Colin, V A6BKX