From:
Richard Webb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Jan 2006 16:13:15 000

HI folks,

Until a lightning hit took out my linux machine a few years
ago I was using speakup with slackware thanks to a cd-r disk
Buddy sent me.  However the disk with the software of course
got nuked in the house fire after the hurricane.  So did my
other internet computer with all sorts of information, as in
where to go to acquire what I needed.  tHis old dos box
which was at the radio room was the only machine that
survived.

Looking at building another linux box.  WOuld be using a
doubletalk most likely for it.

SO what's the consensus?  The slackware distribution with
speakup still  best option or has brlspeak surpassed it?
Please reply via private email and not to the list.  Just
knew there were a couple of users on this list but couldn't
recall individual email addresses.  SOrry for hte ot nature
of this post folks.  tHis is why I ask that folks replying
please reply without sending to the list so that those who
like me find themselves bored with operating system
discussions don't have to wade through it.

THanks and 73 de nf5b

Richard WEbb,
Electric SPider Productions,
Eads Tennessee