From:
Steve Dresser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jun 2015 10:50:55 -0400
Steve,

The automatic offset doesn't work on the 440 band, so you need to set it
manually.  There is no "default offset", but as others have pointed out, if
the repeater output is above 445 MHz, using a plus offset puts you outside
the band.  Using a minus offset below 445 MHz also puts you outside the
band.  In either case, the radio is smart enough not to let you transmit.

Steve