From:
Date:
Thu, 14 Jan 2016 09:09:13 -0600
Richard, I don't remember... what kind of antenna are you using? It sounds
like you might be getting common mode currents on the shield of your
feedline. Tell us more about your antenna setup, i.e. type of antenna or
antennas, how you are feeding your antenna system, are you using a balun
either at the feedpoint of the antenna or where your feedline connects to
the tuner, etc.

I am using a ALS-600 at my lake house station, and I get all kinds of RF in
the shack on one band, 40 meters as I recall, and it is coming from common
mode currents on the shield of my feedline. However, it does not cause my
TS-590 to shut down. It sure makes my laptop computer go crazy! When I get
back out to the lake this spring, I plan to install a common mode choke up
at the feedpoint to see if that will eliminate the problem.

Ron, K8HSY