From:
Jim Gammon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Dec 2014 10:02:49 -0800
Eric, we have lived in Martinez for a little more than two years.
It's a pretty slow paced town, the county seat of Contra Costa
County so there are numerous bail boddsmen, the county jail,
which I have never visited, and a plethora of "antique" stores.
If you want to dine out, you need to decide early where to go, or
go to another ction because, other than a couple of bars, the
sidewalks automatically roll up around 20:00 hours.  There is
also a neat music venue called Armando's, not far from the train
station where you can here live music four or five nights a week
for usually a $10 cover charge.  I am fortunate to be the
beneficiary of that at least once a month playing with a kind of
swing and/or dixieland band called Mal Sharpe's Big Money in
jazz.  We don't really make big money, but over time, money from
music gigs has afforded me the opportunity to buy new boy toys
including the TS590.  Well, sorry for that diversion about
Martinez.  I also listen to some other frequencies on 40 should
you want to check them out, namely 7189, 7204, 7240 on weekends
where the swap net happens, and 72685 the RV net.  Chris AI6U
hangs out there quite a lot and also runs the swap net some
weekends.  He lives kind of near you I guess and has a great
signal.  73, Jim WA6EKS