From:
Lou Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Sep 2007 17:29:42 -0400
Hi Bob.

My first thought is to get together with someone who owns a Bird 43 with
VHF slugs, and then you'll know which meter is right or if all of them are
off by 5% as you suspect.  My experience has been that most meters in the
$150 and down class aren't that absolutely accurate, but they are useful
for letting you know when something changes.  If you take some baseline
measurements, and then one day you notice that the power output is lower,
that should cause you to ask why.

That's my take on meters--I can't get any two to agree exactly in my shack
either.

73, de Lou K2LKK