From:
Richard B McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jun 2014 18:50:40 -0700
Hi Colin!

Thanks to your advice, I did it!

Thanks & 73,
Richard KK6MRH

-----Original Message-----
From: For blind ham radio operators [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
On Behalf Of Colin McDonald
Sent: Tuesday, June 24, 2014 9:12 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Setting a Repeater Offset on Kenwood TS-2000

Hey Richard:
how you check the frequency depends on how you would normally accomplish
that?  I always have my PF key set to read S meter, so in order to check
frequency, I hit the enter key twice.
If you have the microphone with the function keys on it, you can assign one
of these to frequency read out as well.
So it might go something like this:
hit enter, punch in 444.500.
Now, hit the reverse key, which is the round one with a dip in the middle on
the right side of the main VFO, and if you get a high beep simply tap the
enter button twice to hear if the frequency is up 5MHZ, or down 5MHZ Don't
forget to hit the reverse key again to go back to your main rx frequency.
If you have some repeaters with really oddball offsets, you'll have to
program them  using VFO a, and VFO B  in split mode.
As for how the california UHF band plan is set up, I have no idea.  Usually
UHF simplex starts around 445 I think, but I'm not sure.  I know for sure
446.000 is the simplex calling frequency.
best advice I can give is RTFM.

73
Colin, V A6BKX