From:
Kevin Nathan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 21 Sep 2010 22:32:42 -0700
Hi All,

Many of you on this list, particularly old timers such as myself, may
remember Brett Winchester, KD7JN, of Boise, Idaho.  It is with a heavy heart
that I announce his passing from liver disease.  Brett died at home Monday
evening at approximately 9:30 PM.

Brett was first licensed while attending the Kansas State School for the
Blind in 1968 I believe.  After moving to Boise in 1969 he passed his
general and became WA7RZH.  Finally, after obtaining his advanced class
license he was issued the call KD7JN which he held until his death.  He
loved ham radio although he was not very active in the past five years or
so.

Brett and I first met in the summer of 1969 at age 14 when introduced to
each other by a mutual Elmer and he has been my best friend ever since.  I
will miss him and the long talks we had on a multitude of subjects.

I just thought those of you who knew him might like to know.  Take care and
very 73.

Kevin :)
Amateur Radio:  K7RX