From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 2014 14:52:53 -0500
Hi Matt,

Nice to hear you on the roundtable last Saturday, although conditions
were  not so great between us.

The problem with my 2000 is that it is almost 13 years old and suffers
from a common ailment  of some of the older units, where the  multi knob
  jumps and skips.  Counting clicks is almost useless since you have no
  idea of  what is really going on.

Compressed air, or a vacume cleaner hose can   help things a bit and for
a short period, but the only real cure is a new control.

Using  software, I can  confirm mic gain and power level, but  can't
find the compression  settings on the screen.   If I can get a pair of
eyes here, it would be a set it and forget it kind of thing.

73, Steve KW3A