From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Oct 2006 18:08:55 -0400
Matt,

Don't waste your time or money.  If you are talking about that "Cold heat"
thing on tv and other places, read the reviews on e-ham.  This thing will
never do a pl-259 connector.   I think the tip is split and when you apply
it to whatever you are trying to solder,it bridges the gap and completes the
circuit  and allows it to heat.

Buy yourself a  real gun and like someone else has said, practice man,
practice.

Also buy yourself one of those aloe vera plants.  It is some kind of little
cactus or something.   If you burn yourself, break off  a little piece and
rub the goo onto the burn.  5 minutes later you won't  know what finger you
had burned.   When my mother told me about this 25 years ago, I thought it
was an old wives tale, since she was an old wife.  But it really works

73 and happy soldering, Steve KW3A