From:
Pat Byrne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Oct 2010 17:37:15 -0500
Eric,
Perhaps your friend has one of the Vibroplex combinations.  I've seen
them and they are reallly nice.  A friend has a combo - the bug and
the straight key.  Like you I could never become at home with a
bug.  Someone home brewed me an electronic keyer billions of years
ago and I had a modified bug as a paddle and it worked until I got my
first "real" paddle.  Perhaps that was a Vibroplex but I don't
remember.  Lent it to someone and never got it back!!
As I mentioned I used a Bencher for many years and it works just
fine.  And any of them turn me in to a pretty decent C W operator.