From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jun 2015 09:52:39 -0400
Glenn,

Good luck with all of this.  It's easy for the rest of us to spend your
money for you, but  only you can balance your interest in the hobby with
the available funds.

I would always prefer to buy new, but there is a boatload of good used
gear out there.  Dollar for dollar, you probably have  the ability to
get more radio, with more features and accessibility,  on the used market.

Butch's suggestion of the QSY'er is something I hadn't tought of.  I
think several on this list have used  this unit to make a radio more
accessible.

Good luck with all this stuff, Steve KW3A