From:
"Alan R. Downing" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Mar 2014 10:27:58 -0700
To avoid splatter when using an amp, it is much better to have a big amp
with lots more power than the legal limit.  If you only drive a big amp so
that it achieves about 1500 watts out,, when the amp is capable of much
more, you won't have to worry about splatter.  My 5K for instance, can
achieve over 4900 watts out at max drive of 200 watts, but if I only drive
it with about 30 or 35 watts for 1500 watts out, the signal is clean as a
whistle.

73

Alan R. Downing
Phoenix, AZ