From:
Steve Matzura <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Jul 2009 19:42:18 -0400
On Sat, 25 Jul 2009 06:16:18 -0700, you wrote:

>     Honestly I have no idea what the digital set up is in the Pendleton
>Oregon area. With college I hardly have time to get on the air myself. I do
>know that they want to listen to the local police, fire, ambulance... That
>is about all I know.

Jump on to Radio Reference (http://www.radioreference.com) and look up
your county and read up on what they're doing.  Or, if you're lucky
and have such a store near you that sells these things, give them a
call and ask what kinds of things are on the air out there.  If
they're reputable and not just value-added resellers pushing the
latest and greatest boxes of rockses, they'll guide your friend toward
making an intelligent purchase.