From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Aug 2013 19:02:43 -0400
Steve:

I checked wbbm A M again today on either side of the Chicago area.

I need to do a bit more careful checking with milage, but I would say as a
rough estimate that I really had to be within about 40 or so miles of
Chicago before the digital a m signal stabilized, and this was in the
day-time.  I can only imagine that, at night-time, the situation would
worsen.

The thing is that I can't believe others don't notice that too, which does
the whole digital A M possibility a further dis-service.

Anyway, these are just my views, of course, and I'll try to do some more
checking with some other stations in other markets as my trip proceeds.

Tom Behler: KB8TYJ