From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Dec 2015 19:12:26 -0500
Frank,

A number of folks on this list have the Ameritron 600 watt SS amp,
either the Al-600 with linear supply, or the ALS-600 with the  switching
supply.   I think those that have them are happy.   It is probably the
best bang for the buck you will find in  a SS amp.

The 1300 watt version is twice the power, and also twice the price.
Several thousand dollar units from Expert,  Yeasu, and Icom

Another one to consider is the 500 watt  SS amp from Elecraft.   More
money than the Ameritron, but maybe more reliable and more features.

Rumor a few months ago is that the next incarnation of the AL-600 will
include 6 meters and auto bandswitching.

Any SS amp wants to see a SWR less than about 2:1.   You will probably
need an external tuner  rated for  the power you plan to run.    The
auto tuner in your rig won't help here.  Of course, you can run resonant
antennas for all bands of interest and avoid the extra cost of the
external tuner.

73, Steve KW3A