From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Dec 2015 13:53:58 -0500
Rick,

Did you get the  optional interface cable as well?  If so,  plug the 7
pin din end of that cable to the rear jack on the radio, and the 5 pin
end of the cable to the din jack on the 704.

If you use this interface cable,  *do not* supply 12 volt power to the
704.  It draws it's needed power off the 7 pin jack on the radio.   If
you use the interface cable, and also add 12 volt power, you will have
problems.

Assuming the amp has rca jacks for keying and alc, run the rca cables
that came  with the  704, from the  "amp" rca on the 704 to the keying
jack on the amp, and the "alc" rca jack on the 704 to the alc jack on
the amp.  The  "radio" rca jack on the 704 would not be used if using
the optional interface cable.

You will also need to turn on the amp keying in the radio menus.

73, Steve KW3A