From:
"Bob, K8LR" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob, K8LR
Date:
Fri, 9 Aug 2013 20:01:32 -0400
Hi Jim,

I use a Vectronics vec512 noise bridge all of the time and it works GREAT!
Unfortunately, it is currently out of stock and I don't know if Vectronics
which is now part of MFJ will make any more units.  The VEC512 has two
advantages over any other noise bridge.  First, you can keep it in line
while you transmit as the unit has a relay that bypasses the noise bridge
when the bridge is offas you can run up to 300 watts through it.  Therefore,
I have my noise bridge hooked between my transceiver and my amplifier rather
than after the amp.

The second advantage is that the bridge is set to 50 ohms and when you null
out the pulsing hissing noise with an antenna tuner in your receiver, you'll
have a 1-1 swr all of the time unless you can't get a deep null.

Bob, K8LR, [log in to unmask]