From:
Danny Dyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Feb 2009 10:42:18 -0500
Hi Fred, only one I've had my hands on, and not to program it or anything,
is one that TFC, Toccoa Falls College, makes available for around $150, it's
a stand alone unit, that you plug into AC, and if you have a wireless router
in your house, or if there's a signal from someone else's wireless
router/that's not Web Key Password Incripted, that's getting into your
house, You can listen to any one of a number of preprogrammed channels, and
you also have the ability to program several channels/internet streaming
stations, of your choice, into it,/although I'm not sure of exactly how you
go about doing that.
One of the fellows on this list, Gary Lee, kb9zuv recently told me that he
was familiar with a program you could use with an existing computer to get
access to a bunch of stations, program them into the favorites group and use
a cheap older lap top with wireless card to achieve the same thing.
Something to think about.  HTH, and maybe it'll atract some other
commenters.  Danny.