From:
"Howard, W A 9 Y B W" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Nov 2013 07:39:48 -0600
Howard,

Personally, I would be careful about newer machines with the electronic
controlls as I have heard that some of them make a lot of noise all over the
radio spectrum.

Unless you do a lot of loads each week, I vet the savings are not as good as
the manufacturer would lead you to believe.  You can save on water by not
choosing a second rinse, if that is an option on your machine, and not
choosing a load size larger than you really need.  Some people just keep the
load size set at the same setting no matter how much they put in, wasting
water.

I have had good luck with Sears' Kenmore series.  We had a Kenmore washer
that lasted 20 years, we replaced it with an Amana, which only lasted 5
years with 2 repairs.  We replaced it with another Kenmore washer.  When we
bought the last Kenmore washer we also purchased the matching dryer even
though our original Kenmore dryer that was 28 years old was still working
fine.  These units have the turn type controls.

My two cents worth.

Howard #3